Today’s storytime is devoted to the letter E. I gotta say, the more I do this project, the harder it gets to find letter-appropriate books. I have to get very creative with my selections. I can only be so grateful that I decided to keep all my songs and rhymes the same, and not try to add too many letter-themed songs to that lot. E was a bit of a struggle. Most books with or about the letter E are about Elephants, Eggs and Easter. I did find a few age appropriate books, but they were few and far between. I have to start my book searches 2 weeks in advance to find the right titles before they get checked out.
I went with 2 books today:
Ernest, the Moose Who Doesn’t Fit. (I just love this book, I’ve read it at my other 2 storytimes already)
Looking After Little Ellie. (about a group of mice babysitting a baby elephant).
I didn’t add any additional songs. I had a printout of capital E and lower case e, and I had the group say the letter E extra loud during our ABC song. Luckily, most of my songs have the letter F, so I’m all set for next week!
Other Picture Books for the letter E
- Except If by Jim Averbeck
- The Odd Egg by Emily Gravett
- Egg Drop by Mini Grey
- What’s In The Egg Little Pip by Karma Wilson
- Elmer & the Hippos by David McKee
- E-mergency by Tom Lichtenheld
- Eaglet’s World by Evelyn Minshull
- Ollie’s Easter Eggs by Oliver Dunrea
- Elephant in the Bathtub by Kristina Andres
- Ella Sets Sail by Carmela D’Amico